Medicare only pays for a portion of your healthcare expenses. At MEDICARE MATTERS, we offer Medicare Supplement Insurance or Medigap to help pay for costs that your Original Medicare doesn’t cover, including copayments, co-insurance, and deductibles.
Here are some things you should know about Medicare Supplement Insurance:
- If you are 65 years old and above, you may be eligible for Medicare Supplement Insurance
- You must be enrolled in Original Medicare (Part A and Part B).
- Medicare Supplement Insurance only covers one person. If you and your spouse both want to be covered, you will each have to purchase separate policies.
- Medicare Supplement Insurance is different from a Medicare Advantage Plan. A Medicare Advantage Plan allows you to get Medicare benefits; on the other hand, a Medicare Supplement Insurance only supplements your Original Medicare benefits.
- Medicare Supplement Insurance doesn’t cover everything. Generally, it doesn’t cover dental care, hearing aids, vision care, long-term care, or private-duty nursing.
Medicare Advantage (Medicare Part C) is another way to help pay for costs that your Original Medicare doesn’t cover.. The exception is hospice care, which is still covered under Part A rather than through Medicare Part C. Most Medicare Advantage plans include prescription drug coverage. Types of Medicare Advantage plans include (but aren’t limited to) Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs), Preferred Provider Organizations (PPOs), Private Fee-for-Service (PFFS) plans, Special Needs Plans (SNPs), and Medical Savings Account (MSA) plans. Medicare Advantage plans may have lower costs than Original Medicare and may provide additional benefits; details vary among insurance companies and individual plans.
Talk to a Licensed Sales Agent today to find out what plan will be the best for you!
Call us at 517-219-1880 (Lansing, MI) / 248-730-2400 (Birmingham, MI) or Schedule a Consultation now to discuss your Medicare Insurance in more detail.